Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Frozen berry smoothie


@ 2 C. greek yogurt
equal amount of ice
juice of 2 lemons
@1 C. frozen strawberries
@1 C. whipping cream
@ 1/2 C. water
8 - 10 drops stevia
cinnamon maybe 1 1/2 T ??

(later I added to this recipe- 1 more dropper full of stevia, 2 more handfulls of berries, more rice milk)

turned out pretty good, maybe a little sour- could use more stevia and whipping cream maybe
we each drank a cup, and I froze the rest in a bowl
Do you think it will scoop like ice cream later?
If it does, I will serve it with whip cream and strawberry sauce- sounds pretty good I think...

It's later.... the answer is no. It froze so solid- like a brick! We nuked it a little to soften it so we could eat it. It's a little on the sour pucker up side. I think next time it needs a little less lemon and a little more stevia. I wonder if more whipping cream would make it freeze a little softer.

No comments:

Post a Comment