Sunday, February 13, 2011

3 weeks in!

We are 3 weeks into this DIET.  We have stuck with MEVY (meat, eggs, vegetables, yogurt) as best as we can. There are a few things I'm a confused about, but I am learning little by little. I hope by creating this blog I can find other bloggers on the same diet.

Today for breakfast we had scrambled eggs with spinach, tomatoe, onions. mini meatloaves left over from last night, a lemon gravy sauce. We used left over apple pancakes from yesterday for our bread- ate them cold. herbal tea, and lemon water.

I think adding pics will help. I'll try adding a pic at dinner.
I am trying to drink as much lemon water and herbal tea as possible.
I add the apple vinegar, and either olive oil or coconut oil to just about everything I can.
I read last night to try to eat about 3 cups of yogurt a day- it has to be organic greek yogurt.

Last night I soaked dried chick peas and a bean mix.
This morning I cooked down the bean mix in a pan- then I added a little salt and av (apple vinegar). I poured it in a bread pan and popped it in the oven for about 11/2 hours.
I also cooked down the chick peas, added garlic, salt. Then popped it all in the food processor, added evoo (extra virgin olive oil), juice of one lemon, and a little more salt. blended till smooth- DELICIOUS! I think it turned out way better using dried bean than canned beans, why is that? or is it my imaginination?

No comments:

Post a Comment