Saturday, February 19, 2011

dinner with cheese in it!

Macaroni and Cheese, please! 
Jena's favorite- first time in over a month!
*note that cheese is NOT in phase 1
Mac N Cheese Recipe
bake 350 for 30 minutes

Brown onions and green peppers in 1/2 stick of butter
Add 1/4 c brown rice flour
Add @ 1 c whipping cream and 1/2 c rice milk
bring to boil- thicken
stir in @ 4 ounces of cheese- monterey jack and colby
stir in cooked elbow macaroni noodles
bake in an oiled casserole dish




Make a rue: Butter, onion, green pepper- brown rice flour, then add whipping cream, rice milk- I added a bit of cheese, both colby and monterey jack- probably about 4 ounces
Mix in brown rice elbow noodles (already cooked and drained)
Mix together

oil a casserole dish with olive oil

Mac and cheese into casserole

top with paprika and pop in the oven for about 30 minutes or so
out of the oven! Looks and smells great!



Recipe for Sandwich Flat Bread


mix dry ingredients together
3/4 c oat flour
3/4 c brown rice flour
3 t baking powder
1 t kosher salt
3 packs of stevia
oops. I might have added a t of xanthan gum- I can't remember, sorry!


add 1 beaten egg
3/4 c homemade mayo
@ 3/4 c cold cooked rice cereal (leftover from brkfst)


mix each in
then add whipping cream until the right conistency- not too sticky
Press into an oiled pizza pan



I have quite a collection of alternative flours I'm learning to cook with!


press down dough into a pizza pan

Flatbread, scored, salted and ready for the oven


Flat bread with build your own sandwich fixings: homemade mayo, pesto, lettuce, alfalfa sprouts, tomatoes, chicken


This was so good!
2 kinds of coleslaw, spinach, pinto beans, green beans,  mac n cheese, open face chicken sandwich, 9 veggie soup

flat bread, pesto, tomatoes, chicken, sprouts- what a treat! We really miss sandwiches!
Coleslaw 2 ways


Cabbage shredded in food processor
divide into 2 bowls
Mayo added to one bowl-and a little more salt and pepper
Vinaigrette in other bowl- apple cider vinegar, olive oil, kosher salt, ground pepper, stevia

4 comments:

  1. Hi Julia! I'm excited that you are doing this because Matt and I have both recently changed our diets. I became a vegan a year ago, and now I am trying to cut out refined sugars, and simple carbohydrates. On top of that, I went organic. My goal is to put only beautiful, pure, healthful foods in my body. On top of this, one week ago, Matt went to the hospital and they are testing him for celiacs disease which would cut out all gluten products for him. So, I guess what I am trying to say is that I'll be keeping up on your blog for ideas for our family.

    P.S. I sent the children's art to Warner, it should be there soon if not already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like what Lacy Boss had to do too. She has adrenal fatigue. What we eat really can effect more things than we know!! Good luck with that! -Sarah-

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! I have comments. Thanks girls. I love your goal Katie- to put only beautiful, pure, healthful foods in your body! Great goal! We're in this together!
    Sarah, I hope Lacy is feeling better. Was she on the Candida Diet? I guess this diet is good for a lot of health problems. Maybe she can share some recipes. I would love it.

    ReplyDelete