Sunday, July 8, 2012

Ice cream cake

Today I want to try to figure out how to make ice cream cake!
I'm going to use the bean cake recipe I made the other day, but maybe try cocoa rather than the chocolate chips to reduce the sugar more.
I want to use stevia and beans rather than sugar and flour.
Also, I don't have an ice cream make. Soooo.... here's what I am going to try.

I watched a video they had featured on allrecipes.com for ice cream making without the maker.

So I am going to try this:
1/2 c coffee
2 c heavy cream
sweetened condensed milk recipe below
a little almond extract

beat until right consistency- it will be thick


To substitute for sweetened condensed milk I found a recipe at http://www.kitchenstewardship.com That I will modify a bit.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 c. whipping cream
1/2 or 2/3 cup stevia
Put these in a heavy pan and carefully bring to a simmer- don't scorch it!
Let it stay on the burner on really low heat for about a couple hours to reduce it. check it.

Now whisk in remaining ingredients
3 T butter
1 tsp vanilla 

No comments:

Post a Comment