Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Surf and Turf


Gathering ingredients.  Salad for starters...I had a coupon for a free bag of salad today at Krogers. I love their coupons there. Of course, I way over paid for something else- maybe it evened out... I can't believe how much groceries cost. When we were first married we could eat for 2 weeks on $25. We couldn't afford meat. We ate a lot of rice and eggs! Eating out was a huge luxury, but on Fridays we had a coupon to Noble Romans Pizza! Is that place even open any more? It's was in Terre Haute, IN.

Strip steak- kosher salt, ground pepper- rub it into each side of the steak then grill 'em up
@ 5 min each side, then let it sit a bit before serving
I almost always set off the smoke alarm when I do this! I forget to leave the fan on after it's done cooking...

This rice is so easy, and so good! I love it with salsa too!



Peppered Rice
3 c water
1 1/2 c basamati rice
1 bag frozen mixed peppers and onions
bring to boil
simmer for @ 30 minutes until water is absorbed-keep an eye on it









For this vegetable dish, make sure to carmelize the onions- it's so good that way!
stir up some onions, zucchini, summer squash in olive oil
add kosher salt, ground pepper, dashes of apple cider vinegar
simmer while steak and fish are cooking
This is an easy way to make so many fish dishes. I love it with the Tony's Creole spice- I learned about that from Sara W. <3 After coating the fish, grill it, or broil it, or pan fry. I grilled it this time. It's very short timing on each side- maybe 2 minutes. Don't overcook! Squeeze lemon on top and serve with  homemade Mayo. Delicious!
add brown rice flour, flax meal,
a little kosher salt and ground pepper ,
then shake it up in a baggie

dust the fish with the flour mixture

beat the egg

coat with egg then recoat with flour mixture

Surf and Turf
I topped the steaks with a bit of butter- just to make sure I had enough calories :)
Dinner!
It's really classy to serve right out of the pan isn't it? What can I say? Why dirty yet another dish?
my plate


your plate

dessert!


strawberry smoothies with whip cream

No comments:

Post a Comment